Legal Advice for Public in UK

If your enquiry concerns any of the following matters please contact the organisations we recommend below.

  • For employment problems: Please contact ACAS on 08457 47 47 47. You can also find information about employment rights on their website at Please note that there is normally a three month time limitto take action in an Employment Tribunal for most kinds of employment problems. If you think you might need to take your employer to an Employment Tribunal and need advice in person about this we suggest you contact the Fulham Legal Advice Centre, tel 020 7731 2401 for details of their service.
  • If you have a consumer problem: If your enquiry is about goods or services you’ve brought please contact the Citizens Advice Consumer Service on 08454 04 05 06, and read the Citizens Advice consumer information on the Adviceguide website at
  • If you have a tenancy problem: If you are seeking advice about getting your deposit back, disrepair or other housing problems please contact Shelteron 0344 515 1280 or 0344 515 2222, or their 24hr national helpline on 0808 800 4444. There is also extensive information about common housing problems on our Adviceguide website at
  • For leasehold housing problems: Please contact the Leasehold Advisory Service on 020 7383 9800 advice and information on many other common enquiry areas:Please see our Adviceguide website at